After landing in Chicago, the plane I was on stopped on one of the runways of O’Hare international airport. We sat for about thirty minutes just in front of the signs pictured below. For me, the signs led to more questions than answers. My first few questions are listed below. Please feel free to add more.
- What do they have under the runway that would cause extreme magnetic deviation?
- Why would they put something like that near a runway?
- If extreme magnetic deviation is possible, how is checking the compass again going to help?
- If Black Sabbath is right, shouldn’t I be worried about turning into Iron Man from being in a magnetic field for so long?
- So, to get to M7,turn left AND to get to M7, turn right, but right now we’re sitting smack dab on M. Knowing that, is M where we want to be?